Thoughts and considerations about Duolingo after 1,000 days there!

What's up, guys! Hope everything's fine with you!

I know there's been (for some years now) a huge debate all over the internet about the usage of Duolingo and its efficiency to language learning in comparison with other apps and platforms (paid and free ones). Some people highly recommend Duolingo as a helpful tool and some people say it's a complete waste of time and that you should just "play it for fun".

Recently I reached a streak of 1,000 days there (that's almost three years) and I think it was time to share some thoughts about it. Mostly if I regret something or if I think it was a good investment of my time to learn another language.

What I intend to do with this is to encourage, inspire and motivate people to give it a try and believe in their potential to learn a new language. And I can say that Duolingo is one of the best resources I've ever used to make this possible. It's far from perfect or even complete, but yet, I think it's very useful.

As a native Portuguese speaker who started learning English there, I would definitely say that it was very important, even essential! Mainly because I really think that its efficiency depends more on the USER than the platform itself (at least from my point of view and based on my own case).

So I made a video recording the exact moment when I completed the final lesson and reached my 1000th day there! If you are curious, you should check it out.

But, most importantly, in my video, I tried to make a review of the platform as a long-term user who has been using it to learn English and started there from scratch. I'm not kidding, I didn't know anything before I started using Duolingo, not even the basics. Of course, it's not the ONLY platform I've been using but is one of the best and one of the few that I still use even today.

In the video, I talk in more details about the efficiency of the platform for beginners, if you can learn a new language using just Duolingo, what you can expect from it, how long you need to be there to learn what they have to offer, and, mainly, the best way to use it so you can extract the most of it. There are so many things there that if I'd post here this thread would be insanely huge. So I simplified. :)

Anyway, once again, if you're interested here's the video! I hope you enjoy! :)

PS: Of course, I'm open to suggestions and to debate about it! But I'm pretty sure it works if you know how to use it.

submitted by /u/RafaLeonReddit
[link] [comments]

from Ontitokaaha | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2IOwZGb
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments